Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Sandwich

“You can only have one roll each, otherwise there won’t be enough”. We’re not used to these restrictions here, and I’m pretty hungry, but I acknowledge that it will probably be enough. I select my roll, and I make a good choice – chicken and lettuce, plenty of butter on the roll and generous with the pepper. I am impressed with the first bite and go back for another but there, millimetres from my previous toothmark ... is a fuzzy little caterpillar. The poor little thing must have feared for his life for a moment there. I show my coordinator, and she flicks the poor caterpillar into the bin and attempts to confiscate my sandwich. No thank you very much - with the very hungry caterpillar out of the way, that sandwich is all mine. Om nom nom.

No comments: