Friday, June 18, 2010

Cherry Ripe Slice

I went out to breakfast with a friend the other day – his shout, because my birthday is sometime this month. I waited at the table while he went up to order, and then we chatted while we waited for the food to arrive. After about 5 minutes the waitress came up and said, “firstly, you didn’t say what type of coffee you wanted, and second, we don’t have cherry-ripe slice today.” So I re-ordered my coffee and, wondering why my friend had ordered us dessert for breakfast, told her that we probably didn’t need a cherry-ripe slice this morning.

When she left I made sure my friend wasn’t upset about missing out on the slice. Sure he was, because he hadn’t ordered it. We chased down the waitress, who then realised that she hadn’t gotten a drink order for my friend. “So what would you like?” she asked, to which he replied, “Chai latte please”. “Vanilla or spiced?” “Spiced.” “So a chai latte, spiced ... ohhhhh.”

No comments: