Wednesday, March 9, 2011

World's Greatest Shave

I've done it. I've joined the Leukaemia Foundation's "World's Greatest Shave".

No, I'm not quite "brave" enough to shave my head, but I will be chopping off 15cm of my precious, precious hair for the cause. Or, correction, the highest bidder will do the honours. And it's happening this Friday. And I'm regretting it already.

Some might say that it's a bit of a cop-out, "just getting a haircut". Maybe it's not a big deal for some, but it's a big deal for me. You see, I haven't been to a hairdresser for 12 years, when I went in for a trim and the hairdresser cut off more than I'd anticipated. For the last 12 years, the only person I've trusted to cut my hair has been my little sister - because I know where she lives and she knows how upset I'd be if she cut it too short.

My mum, who's been urging me to get a proper haircut for ... well, probably 11 years, freaked out a little when I told her what I was doing. Maybe she mean that I'd hypothetically look better with short hair. She's warming to the idea now, I think.

If you'd like to support the cause, head to the World's Greatest Shave website,   http://worldsgreatestshave.com/. You can click "Donate" on the bottom of the page, or click on "Sponsor" to find individuals to sponsor. Me, perhaps?

.

No comments: