Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Journal Club

It was my turn to present an article at the Clinical Pharmacology Journal Club yesterday. This was something I took very seriously and I spent hours analysing my chosen article and working on my Powerpoint presentation. I also prepared a batch of delicious biscuits to bribe my audience into listening attentively.

In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have chosen a review article about a drug  that was written by someone on the payroll of the drug company. And I could have found a more reputable journal than "Swiss Medical Weekly" which, I think, is only published online. But it gave me plenty to talk about, I learned a little about dronedarone (an amiodarone derivative that is less effective but less toxic - unless you count the liver damage), and now everybody has heard of a journal called Swiss Medical Weekly. 

So we all learned something.


.

1 comment:

PTR said...

Swiss Medical Weekly? Are you sure it wasn't the Suisse Vitamin Weekly?