Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Cardiac Revelations

Aortic stenosis murmurs sound different to mitral regurgitation murmurs!

I discovered this last week when I listened to a gentleman's heart and heart not the "whoosh whoosh" of mitral regurgitation but a little "vrmmm vrmmm" which happened to be aortic stenosis. It sounded like a little motor trying to start up between every S1 and S2 (because we all know that both AS and MR murmurs are systolic).

I was so amazed that I told the on-call doctor (who already knew this amazing fact) and she made me go and listen to everybody with a heart murmur. And I excitedly hurried off to do exactly that because heart murmurs are now amazing.

God help me, I'm becoming a nerd.

5 comments:

Vonbon said...

Becoming? :p
*hugs*

Pink Stethoscopes said...

Shhhhhhhh this is my blog where I pretent to be all cool.

Pink Stethoscopes said...

Too cool for spelling, you might ask? No, that's just how I say pretend now. Pretent. It'll catch on.

PTR said...

Oh my! You're right! I heard an aortic murmur yesterday which went Rrrr Rrrr Rrrr Rrrr.

Florence said...



I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!