Monday, September 12, 2011

Home

Just past 6 o'clock on Saturday morning, Qantas flight QF82 touched down on the Adelaide runway.

I left home in May and now, four months, three continents, ten countries, several travelling partners and countless eye-opening experiences later, I am home at last. Right up until the last day I couldn't imagine my little adventure ending ... an outlook which resulted in much scrambling to pack, finish assignments and do last-minute souvenir shopping (none of which I completed successfully).

Somebody asked if I'd returned as a whole new person and no, I don't think so - I think I'm the same old person who's now seen a lot more things. A lot of things that I'd never hope to see again, but have opened my eyes a bit more to the world. 

It's a big place.

No comments: