Sunday, August 7, 2011

Cambodian Food

This is a very small selection of the food and drink here. I wanted to call this post "Cambodian Food #1", but I'm worried that I'll get lazy and stop taking photos, and you'll be disappointed. The variety of food here is amazing, with local tropical fruits and traditional Khmer dishes as well as a multicultural selection (especially in Phnom Penh, where there is even a shop selling Aussie beef pies).

Some local beers (and a lychee drink) chilling in my fridge

Coconut water comes from young coconuts

Local boy at a roadside stall

My boyfriend's mum said that even when hiding in the jungle during Khmer Rouge times, she never ate bugs.

Fried bugs. Probably not food.

Sugarcane juice - tastes like sugar, and plants.

Even I'm not this obsessive about pizza-making! Very impressive OCD pizza.

No comments: