Thursday, December 30, 2010

2010? You still there?

My alarm went off at 7am this morning (I can't remember why it was set for 7am, but never mind) and just as I lifted my hand to hit snooze I thought no, I'm going to have to get used to getting up early, because my first rotation for fourth-year starts in LESS THAN A WEEK.

And then I thought, what the Hell happened to 2010?! I documented a good deal of it here - it wasn't easy, most of it wasn't much fun and I definitely wouldn't want to do it again, but couldn't it have gone a little slower?

It feels like just a minute ago I was trembling before the almighty OSCE, 30 seconds ago I found out I'd passed the exams, and wasn't it Christmas just now? And here I am training myself to wake up early so that I can start rotation with a surgeon who a friend of a friend heard first-hand say he likes to make students cry. It's goodbye to being a third-year, protected by the nurses, doctors and patients, and hello to being a Final-Year Medical Student, almost an intern and someone who "should-know-this-by-now".

On the plus side, I opened an anatomy book yesterday and it was all news to me, so there must have been a holiday in there somewhere.

No comments: