Monday, October 31, 2011

Needles

The only vein the anaesthetist could find to cannulate was on the patient's inner wrist - a location that can be quite painful.

From where I stood on the other side of the bed, I noted that the patient had a small tattoo on their arm and said cheerfully, "well you're obviously not afraid of needles in your arm!"

The patient just looked at me and then turned back to the anaesthetist, who deftly threaded the cannula into the small vein and undid the torniquet.

And that's when I saw the track marks.

.

1 comment:

Florence said...



I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!