Wednesday, January 11, 2012

First Day

There aren't many occasions when you can use the excuse "but it's my first day!"

Today was my first day working as an actual doctor and getting paid to do doctoring. Although I'm contracted at a large regional hospital, my first rotation is in a smaller town at a GP clinic. In fact, the same GP clinic where I spent all of 2010. So I'm not new. The doctors all know me, the nurses know me, the reception and admin staff know me. I know how to use the computers and how to set up the right printer. Still, one of the practice partners spent several hours going through all that with me this morning.

After that I had an hour for lunch, and then when I came back they gave me a laptop and sent me home for the day.

Try as I might, I just couldn't throw in the "it's my first day!" excuse.

Oh well.

3 comments:

PTR said...

Bummer! You'll have to do a whole new degree now.

Me said...

Congrats! What an amazing day for you!

Florence said...



I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!