Monday, February 27, 2012

The more things change ...

I am quite enjoying my GP placement. Last week when I had an external assessor sit in for half a day and "inconspicuously" watch me consult, he said I was "pretty good for a first-term intern". And, safe in the knowledge that my terms this year are strictly laid out and non-negotiable, my supervisor recently asked if I'd like to stay for the whole year. Very encouraging.

And today I spent the afternoon with a Wiggles bandaid on my finger after cutting my finger opening a tin of Milo at lunch time. Then I had to leave a consult partway through because the patient couldn't take me seriously until I'd rid myself of my hiccups.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

3 comments:

PTR said...

You cut your finger on a Milo tin? That's like stabbing yourself with a beach ball.

Pink Stethoscopes said...

It was on the tinfoil seal, not on the tin itself ... if that makes it any better. Now I'm scared to go to the beach.

Florence said...



I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!