Monday, June 20, 2011

Holidays

I've finished my six-week elective at St Francis Hospital Katete, and am now officially on holidays. I still have at least three more stories to share from St Francis - a little story of success, a story of hope and a story of heartbreak - so hopefully you'll see why my African elective has given me the best and worst of medicine so far. I'll post them all together in due course.

But for now, I'm at Livingstone enjoying Victoria Falls for a few days before heading to Malawi, where will end my little African adventure. I'm more tired now than I ever was during elective, but there are so many things to do and it seems like a waste to sleep!

Here's some advice for seeing Vic Falls:

1. Bring the best camera you know how to use
2. Bring a waterproof camera as well if you have one
3. Take a Microflight over the Falls, they look so different from above
4. Don't be afraid to get wet. The waterfall consists primarily of water (little known fact)
5. If you can't afford to stay at the Royal Livingstone, go there for High Tea and watch the zebras graze by the pool
6. If you can afford to stay at the Royal Livingstone ... wow. Donate some of your millions to starving children in Africa please
7. GO TO LIVINGSTONE ISLAND


No comments: